This week for my weekly local newspaper column in the Chronicle, I sent an edited version of a post I wrote a while ago about the importance of taking the time to read books with your children. I was thrilled with the positive responses I received from like-minded parents and organisations promoting reading for kids who wholeheartedly agreed with me. The Chronicle even put together a fancy quote graphic from my article which sums up why enjoying a book with the little ones is so beneficial.
And so, inspired by the strength of feeling there seems to be for the joy of reading with children, I have decided to start a new linky called Words and Pictures, to celebrate all things children’s book related – and I need you to share your posts with me! Words and Pictures will work like this:
- Share your blog posts to the weekly Words and Pictures linky on my blog – the first one starts now so link up using the button below! Anything goes provided the focus is children’s books, reading or related activities, book reviews, favourite reads, photos, vlogs, poems – whatever you feel fits the bill, old or new.
- I’ll share all linked posts on Twitter with the #wordsandpics hashtag, and I’d encourage you to share your own posts to spread the word.
- Grab the Words and Pictures badge below to add to any posts you link up with.
- I will put together a regular round-up on my blog of my favourite posts and reviews from the linky, in case you missed anything. If any children’s literacy charities or organisations have something they would like me to include in the round-up – events, campaigns, etc. – drop me an email at email@example.com.
- Look out for Recommended Reads which I’ll share via #wordsandpics and in the Words and Pictures round-up – if you’ve recently read something that went down a storm with your youngsters, from first picture books to teenage fiction, I want to know about it so that we can share the joy. Send me a Tweet @GreatNorthMum.
It’s as simple as that. I’m excited to see how this will all pan out and I’d love to create a little Words and Pictures community – if you love bedtime stories as much as I do, please get involved.
Link up your Words and Pictures posts here:
Grab the Words and Pictures badge!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.greatnorthmum.com" title="Great North Mum" target="_blank"><img src="https://greatnorthmum.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/words-and-pictures-badge.jpg" alt="Great North Mum" style="border:none;" /></a></div>